Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I get the change oil light to go off on my 2008 Jeep Patriot?

I just had my oil changed and the light is still coming on when I start the jeep and it stays on. Is there a way to reset it or something?How do I get the change oil light to go off on my 2008 Jeep Patriot?Turn the key to %26quot;ON%26quot;, not start, press the gas pedal to the floor 3 times within 10 seconds. This will reset the oil change reminder. At least this is how my '08 Dodge Avenger works. Both are Chrysler products.How do I get the change oil light to go off on my 2008 Jeep Patriot?If you disconnect the battery for 10-30 minutes, that usually resets the computer.

(this may not work for all makes and models obviously, but it does work for most Fords and Chevys.)



if the code goes away when youn start it up, but then comes back, it means its a Serious ECU code, and you need to goto autozone or a dealership to get it checked out or turned off.How do I get the change oil light to go off on my 2008 Jeep Patriot?The directions to reset the %26quot;change oil%26quot; light is in your owner's manual.How do I get the change oil light to go off on my 2008 Jeep Patriot?I believe junior is right, and I know dtown is. DO NOT DISCONNECT YOUR BATTERY FOR THIS! It will reset all learned adapts in your ECM and only drop your performance and mileage until these adapts are regained. The owners manual for sure will have the procedure.



I am not sure why some moron gave him a thumbs down for that answer, it is 100% correct. If you don't have your manual, call the dealership they will gladly tell you. If the oil was changed at the dealership as it should have been they should have reset it for you. The dipsticks at the jiffy lube probably haven't been shown the procedure yet.

No comments:

Post a Comment