Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I reset a 2002 Chevy Prizm's computer after doing an oil change?

* My check engine light is on

* I'm low on oil and I need to put more oil in



I need to know how to reset the computer so it can take off the %26quot;Check Engine%26quot; light.How do I reset a 2002 Chevy Prizm's computer after doing an oil change?usually when the check engine light comes on let me put it to you this way when was the last time that you got gas and was it self serve or full service if you put the gas in yourself did you remember to turn the cap 3 times till you heard a %26quot;click%26quot; try that it should turn off the check engine light.



And if it was a full service gas station maybe the attendant didn't turn the cap till he or she heard the click .



Now most cars after 01 suggest that you turn the key to acc.and pump the gas pedal 3x's that should reset the computer or you can ask your local Chevy dealer on how to reset itHow do I reset a 2002 Chevy Prizm's computer after doing an oil change?try holding down the power button on the radio for about 10 seconds and scroll thru the list to see if you find something about itHow do I reset a 2002 Chevy Prizm's computer after doing an oil change?Disconnect the positive battery cable for 15, 20 minutes.
  • xp
  • xp
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment