Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I remove the lower part of the fairing on my 2006 kawasaki ninja zx-6r 636 to do an oil change?

Is there a special tool needed to remove the plastic pop screws on the very bottom of the fairing?How do I remove the lower part of the fairing on my 2006 kawasaki ninja zx-6r 636 to do an oil change?On my 08 there is nothing that you need to remove (except the oil plug and filter) to change the oil. Everything is exposed enough to change the oil w/o taking the plastics off. But as you are asking the configuration on your 06 must be a little different. As far as I know there is no %26quot;special%26quot; tool needed to remove the little snap screws that hold the 2 fairings together at the bottom. I have basically taken my whole bike apart with just the tool kit that came with it. Just pop the little plastic screws out. They shouldnt break but if one does just go to your local Kawasaki dealer and pick up some more. You usually can buy bags of 10 for a couple of bucks.

No comments:

Post a Comment