Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I reset the service light on Audi A6 after I change the oil?

Hello I just bought an Audi A6 2004 and the service light just came on to let me know its due for an Oil change. I am going to do it myself if I can, once I have finished how do I reset the light so it comes on again at the right time frame?How do I reset the service light on Audi A6 after I change the oil?2 different methods seem to be working



1) Switch ignition off.

2) Press and hold down reset button for trip odometer in instrument cluster.

3) Switch ignition on while button is pressed down. %26quot;Service OIL%26quot; appears in the display of the trip odometer.

4) Release button.

5) Pull setting knob for time in instrument cluster until %26quot;Service OIL%26quot; indication is reset.

%26quot;- - -%26quot; appears in display.

6) Press reset button for trip odometer again, to advance to next service event.

7) Release button. %26quot;Service INSP%26quot; appears in display.

8) Pull setting knob for time -1- until %26quot;Service INSP%26quot; indication is reset. %26quot;- - -%26quot; appears in display.

9) Switch ignition off.





1. Leave the key in the off position.

2. Hold down the right button the guage cluster.

3. While you are still holding the right button turn the key to the on position

4. Quickly (it will say something on the guage cluster) push and hold the left button on the guage while still holding down the button on the right.



And for the VAG-COM comment...I HIGHLY agree with investing in one...very practical and helpfulHow do I reset the service light on Audi A6 after I change the oil?With Either a VAG-COM from ross-tech.com or a generic code reader from an auto parts store, The autozone or advance etc. can do it free for you. If you are going to purchse one get the VAG-COM not the generic one-you'll thank me later.

No comments:

Post a Comment