Monday, September 19, 2011

How do I reset the oil change reminder on my Chevrolet 2004 Monte Carlo LS?

It's a non-dedicated (the battery light shows up in the same square when the key is on and the engine off) orange square light about 1%26quot; square that is in the instrument cluster and there are absolutely no switches for it. I think it has something to do with cycling the key and a certain number of times pressing and releasing the gas pedal but I'm not sure.How do I reset the oil change reminder on my Chevrolet 2004 Monte Carlo LS?Got ya covered on this one! So here you go-

Starting with the key off, turn it to the run position where all your dash lights come on (do not start) when your dash lights come on you have 5 seconds to push the gas pedal all the way to the floor 3 times and wait a few seconds and then turn the key to the off position, and then start it up, it should be gone!

Now there are a few that when you are done hitting the pedal 3 times and wait a few seconds, you do not turn the key off position, you just leave it in the run position and then go ahead and start it up.

But that will take of it. Please don't forget to vote!

No comments:

Post a Comment