Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How much should an oil change be?

Im going to a dealership shop tomorrow to change my oil for $32. Should I shop around a little, or is this pretty standard? I've never done it before. How much should an oil change be?An oil change can be anywhere from $25-50 dollars.



Somewhere between $25 and $30 for conventional motor oil (regular oil)

And around $40 or $50 for synthetic oil.



Wal mart has good prices on oil changes for about $20 dollars, but sometimes you end up waiting 2 hours.



I got sick and tired of waiting, and i've been doing my own oil changes for 2 years now. I don't really care to save money, but my time matters the most. Doing an oil change myself takes 15 mins. And you can get much better quality oil for the same price. Autozone always has oil change specials, 5 qts + filter for $15.00



Some things to consider are the location of your oil filter, it it is underneath your car, you will need to jack up your car. most imports have more easily accessible filters and are a lot easier and don't require jacking. How much should an oil change be?Motor oil is around $15 a gallon at Auto Zone and an oil filter will cost you around $4. The oil change shops pay minimum wage for teenagers to do the work and use bulk oil for oil changes and charge you ~$25. $32 dollars at a dealership sounds like a good deal to me.

How much should an oil change be?We do it ourselves. $32 is pretty cheap for someone to do it for you, most services in australia cost between $80 and $250. I guess it depends on how much a bottle of oil and a filter costs.How much should an oil change be?thats pretty standard, although you could do it yourself for almost half the price, and way better oil!!! dealerships tend to use the %26quot;buy in bulk%26quot; genaric stuff.How much should an oil change be?thats pretty pricy . shop around there are lots of better deals out there%26lt;

No comments:

Post a Comment