Friday, September 23, 2011

How can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?

My car isn't high tech so there are no lights to tell me. I can't really remember the last time I did get it changed, but it seems like a while ago. I've seen people check it from under the hood, but what do I look for?How can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?If the oil looks black on the dipstick it's time to change it.How can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?Fresh motor oil is liquidy and amber colored. If you dip the stick and it comes up dark and really thick, it's time to get it changed. I fyou can't remember the last time you did it, then it's probably time to. Better safe than sorry, you don't want you engine to seize.



I don't have the owner's manual to my car cause it's old and I don't have a light either so I do it every 3-4 thouand miles as a ruleHow can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?It should be changed every about 4000 miles. Your best bet would be just to have it changed. If you have it changed somewhere, they will give you a sticker or paper telling you at what mileage you should have it changed at again.



If you are going to change it your self, just make sure you write down the mileage and change it in 4000 more miles.



Just do that so that you dont have to worry about when or if you changed your oil in the future.



Good luckHow can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?Go with the first two suggestions and change every 4 or 5 thousand miles. Check your oil level regularly, though, using the dip stick. If the oil is looking black or bitty then change ahead of the allotted time.How can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?the oil dipstick will tell you. 1st pull out the dipstick. then wipe dipstick clean with a rag. 2nd see what color the oil is if it is a very dark black it's time to change the oil. 3rd put dipstick back into the motor and pull out again the level of the oil will be visible on the stick and will say if you need to add oil to your motor. If it does need oil pour it down the oil filler cap on your valve cover NOT the dipstick hole. Hope this works for you and remember every 3 thousand miles change the oil.How can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?Look for discoloration in the oil, like you can't see through it anymore and also you can rub it between your fingers and feel it for grit or trash. If it also looks watery and kind of runs off the dip stick I would say it is time to change it. When you do have it changed get a little notebook and mark down the mileage when you have it changed and then you won't have to try to remember next time. I used to work for Firestone years ago and I have done many an oil change. For best engine performance and longevity change the oil every 4000 miles.How can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?there,s a stick that says engine oil, that,s where you check it at. look at the oil on the stick, it should give you a idea if it needs changing or not.if it looks dirty, change it.How can I tell if my car needs an oil change..?Near the place where you fill the oil, there will be a metal %26quot;loop%26quot; that you pull that fits into a small metal %26quot;tube%26quot; (thats your dip stick, but make sure its for the engine oil)....Pull out the dipstick, wipe it off completely, put it back in the hole, and take back out. You are looking for black, thin oil on the dipstick...this means the oil is dirty, thin and not protecting your engine like it should. Change the oil, it should look like it does when it comes out of the can, somewhat dark, but not black and thin. Make sure you dont overfill, read your car manuel or google how much your make and model takes. You are probably low as you have not changed it in some time. The oil will be at the bottom of the dipstick, which also gives you a fill line that tells you how much to add, or replace. YOu will see little notches (each notch equals 1 quart of oil) on the tip of the dipstick, thats why you have to wipe it off when you check your oil, so you can see where the fill line is, and or how much to replace. Change your oil at least every 6 months, for sure. Some people change it every 3000 miles, but really you dont need to do that EVERY 3000 if your doing normal driving. Oil change places will tell you that to get you to come back in. To be safe, do it every 5-6 months with regular normal driving, and everytime you are going on a long trip. When you change the oil, refill and check all your other fluids too, like the radiator overflow, radiator, brake fluid, tranny fluid, windshield washer fluid, and check your tires for air. You are good to go !
  • can anybody advise me on
  • migrating existing portal
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment