Monday, September 19, 2011

Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?

Not too long ago, there was an article featured on Yahoo! news that fuel injected cars don't need to get oil changes every 3000 miles. I have a '95 Civic DX hatchback with 78k original miles. How often should I change the oil? I don't have the original owner's manual.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?HI! Actually it is the manifacturers recommendation to change the oil every 3,000 miles. This is to have an efficient engine. However, I have some friends have their oil change every 5,000 to 6,000 miles and their cars still runs great. My brother did not have his oil changed for at least 18 months and he travelled around 7,250 Miles. I had it changed oil after that and nothing happened. I think it's really up to you but the longer you use it without the oil change the more prone it will be for anything. You can decide on your comfort level. Car engines are designed to run a long time. Hope I helped a little. Cheers.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?It depends on the type of oil you use, the type of driving you do, and if you plan to keep the car running well for a long time. If you are using conventional motor oil and doing a lot of city driving you definitely need to change oil and filter every 3000 miles. If you want to stretch it, use a good quality synthetic motor oil and the best oil filter you can get. You should be able to go 6000 to 7000 miles before changing oil then.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?Its every 6 months or 3000 miles but if you add oil that says it runs for 5000 miles than you will be good an additional 2000 miles. So don't waste your oil. oh, and it is real cheap (and simple) to do it yourself. If you dont want to do it yourself, go to walmart and at least buy the oil yourself (you can ask someone there to help you if you don't know which one to get...every car is different) then aftr you have bought the oil, give it to whomever is changing your oil..the price should be cheaper overall.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?I always recommend changing the oil in half of the time recommended by the manufacture on any vehicle.Basically I believe that oil changes are vital for the long term life of any engine and especially on engines like yours bec they can last many hundreds of thousands of kms.



Hope that helps and best of luck.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?I drive as Honda as well but as with ANY car. If it is in excellent shape and does not leak oil...then no, you do not need an oil change every 3k miles. I usually check my oil to see if I need it. When it is dirty (a dark brown color) then I get an oil change. (Do not wait to get it if it is almost black and super low). Oil is the color of like honey (clear yellow). You don't want to wait until you get the dark brown color you can get in between. Just check your oil :-) Easy! Have a great day!Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?I have a 2008 CR-V and Honda recommends every 10k miles.

That throws out the 3k interval argument.

I will never wait 10k maybe 6k-6.5k to be safe.

My feeling is the older the car gets the more frequent the oil changes.

With a car having 78k miles I would change the oil between 3.5k and 5k miles. If car is subject to harsh conditions I would lower the high end.

Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?Yes, a EVERY car should have an oil change every 3000 miles to keep it in good working order. It's called preventative maintenance. You can wait longer than 3000 miles and probably be fine, but the more you do that the more wear you're going to have on your engine.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?it really depends on how you drive and the conditions in which you drive, if you drive it like you stole it or drive many unpaved roads then every 3k miles. with some of the newer oils they guarantee protection up to 5k miles. and the newer vehicles actually recommend every 4k miles.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?I never change to oil before 6000 miles and have never had any problems with any Honda's I have owned. With the oil company money, I think it is somply a way for them to sell something more than gas.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?yes if you do alot of stop and go driving with conventional oil...no if you use synthetic oil...i use eneos motor oil...its fullly synthetic....i dont change mine until the 5000 mark...and i have 340,000 mile on the original motor...i do alot of stop and go driving....(LA traffic)Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?No it depends on the age of your car as well. a older car, I would say yeah every 3k. But a newer accord in would do it ever 5k. Changing oil every 3k is old school and throwing money away.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?It depends on how you drive your car if you drive hard you need to can your oil at 3000 miles but if you don't push your car then you can can go over 3000 miles.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?I HAVE A CIVIC AND I USE CASTROL SYNTEC AND I CHANGE IT EVERY 5000 MILESDoes my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?I use to change my oil every three months, now I just change it once a year during the emission inspection.Does my Honda really need an oil change every 3000 miles?yes.

No comments:

Post a Comment