Monday, September 19, 2011

How much do you pay for an oil change?

Do you go to the jiffy lube, an independant garage, or the dealership? where do you go and how much do you pay?How much do you pay for an oil change?I always take our 2001 PT Cruiser to the dealer. They charge

$ 24.95, including the disposal surcharge for the old oil. This includes an oil filter change and a chassis lube as well.How much do you pay for an oil change?Wal-mart does it for 20 -30 dollarsHow much do you pay for an oil change?With my 96 Jeep Grand Cherokee I go to Lube One, (like Jiffy Lube) and I pay about $32.00. They do the oil and filter change, and also top off all other fluids, check the batter, hoses, belts, check for vehicle damage, and anything they can easily see that is going wrong.



With my 2006 Chevy Cobalt (big waste of money) I take it to the dealership and get the oil changed for free.How much do you pay for an oil change?if my car is new and still under warranty i go to the dealer. when it gets older i take it to jiffy lube or places like thatHow much do you pay for an oil change?I think you should be able to get your oil changed for $14.95.I personally change mine myself,got tired of paying jiffy,and besides when you take it to those places you dont know if they really change it or not.Its simple,run your car up on a pair of lifts,undo the oil screw,make sure you have something to catch the oil,drain it,put the plug back in,and change the filter,add the new oil,usually 5 quarts,take the old oil to ,well I think walmart takes it,I use mine to polish my furniture,kidding,I have a local dealer that takes it,im in the country.How much do you pay for an oil change?I work in an independant garage and we charge about $50 after taxes,shopfees, and environmental fees. The average in my area is about $45-55. This is in Canadian dollars. I do mine for the cost of parts. Helps being your own technician.How much do you pay for an oil change?I was a mechanic at a local oil/lube shop in Ft. Worth, the best thing to do is to just take you car to a local place...anything but Wal-mart, and ask for a full service oil change with the recommended oil, they should know. (usually in the $20-$29 range.) That takes care of them looking at all items (change oil and filter, checks air filter, belts, coolant, washer fluid, differential, transmission, wipers, lube points.How much do you pay for an oil change?i do mine myself,right in my driveway.

No comments:

Post a Comment