Friday, September 23, 2011

I have a 2005 Honda CRF 80, I would like to do an oil change myself. How to?

This will be the first oil change since I bought it. Should I just go have it done?I have a 2005 Honda CRF 80, I would like to do an oil change myself. How to?It's a fairly simple job.

-Remove the oil drain bolt (bottom of motor, near the front on the right).

-Drain the oil (don't forget to re-cycle).

-Re-install the drain bolt.

-Fill motor with 4 stroke motor oil, to the top line of the dipstick (it's attached to the oil fill cap). Oil fill cap/dip stick is on the right crankcase cover.

-Fill and check the oil level with the bike upright (as if you were sitting on it). When checking the oil level, do not screw the dip stick in. Let it rest on the threads. Takes about a quart.

-Screw in the dip stick and run the bike for a couple of minutes.

-Turn off the motor and let it cool down for a few minutes (to let the oil drain down to the crankcase) and recheck the oil level. Add or drain oil to get the level correct.

-Your bike doesn't have an oil filter, it has an oil screen. It shouldn't need cleaning at this time. But if you'd like to check it, after draining the oil, remove the oil pump cover on the right side of the motor.

-Here's a picture of your motor - look at oil pump, right crankcase cover (for dipstick) %26amp; crankcase (to see drain bolt).

http://www.bikebandit.com/partsbandit/OEI have a 2005 Honda CRF 80, I would like to do an oil change myself. How to?changing oil is a guys job, no offense or anything. i would just spend the 20 and go have it done. they usually check all your filters and fluids and stuff. its definately worth it.I have a 2005 Honda CRF 80, I would like to do an oil change myself. How to?Amanda - Oh yeah, you say its a guy's job now but you are probably the one that files a sexual discrimination lawsuit.

What happend to equal rights?



Dragonfly - props to you for wanting to work on your own bike!I have a 2005 Honda CRF 80, I would like to do an oil change myself. How to?Jeeze, Amanda is a sexist.

there will be a bolt on bottom of engine to drain oil usually lowest point.( may have a filter as well) Probably has 17mm head size(dont remember, havent done one since it was XR75)

Remember to turn it counter clock to unscrew it. Drain oil , refit bolt when its drained (be careful not to overtighten or you can strip thread) refill with measured amount on right side top of clutch cover..

Dipstick doesnt get screwed in to check oil level ( but make sure you do screw it in before riding)

The handbook should give you all the information you need

No comments:

Post a Comment