Wednesday, September 14, 2011

How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?

I have a 2001 Pontiac Montana. This message appears every time I turn the van on. I had the oil changed, but it continues to come on.How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?it has to be reset..push that odometer stick down and you should see trip, and push it again it says oil with a number next to it,hold it down for a few seconds and the number will go to oil 100 and its ready to start counting downward again....if this isnt your set up you have to turn it to on and depress the gas pedal 3 times and wait for the chg oil lite to flashHow do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?Another way to do that is to undo the positive battery cable for approx. 5 mintues and re-connect them.

Report Abuse

How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?john b - thanks for the answer - the light just came on in my Chevy Venture and I forgot how to reset it. I don't even know why yahoo answers popped up when I logged on the net but I am glad it does. My hubby thanks you too as I don't have to complain to him about the light

Report Abuse

How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?Ron W - would that not cause all radio and clock functions to be reset?

Report Abuse

How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?Not all vehicles use the same method to reset the light. Check your owners manual to be sure. If you don't have the manual, call any dealership's service department.

Report Abuse

How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?try reading your %26quot;owner's manual%26quot; its very simple

Report Abuse

How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?Take it to the place that changed the oil and see if they can reset itHow do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?On our Buick you turn on the ignition without starting and floor the gas pedal.How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?get the owners manual out, and do what it tell you to cancel the light. We have to cancel ours every time we get the oil changed. I would tell you the sequence but our GrandAm may be different than the Montana, and i can't remember what it was in our Montana, we don't have it any more.How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?This has happened before on my husband's Chevy truck. There is a way that it has to be reset. It is a computer item and should be in your manual. If not, call the dealership and they should tell you how to reset it. I know it can be annoying!How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?turn your ignition switch to the on position....don,t start it....depress your gas pedal to the floor...3 time,s in rapid succession....turn the switch off....then start as normal.....this action reset,s the W.O.T. switch [ wide open throttle ] %26amp; will reset your computer till the next time.......good luck!How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?Turn the ignition to on. (Don't actually start the car)

Press the gas pedal all the way to the floor 5 times. If that doesn't work:

Turn the ignition on and off 47 times. If that doesn't work:

Unhook the negative battery terminal overnight, or at least a few hours.How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?Check your users manual. If there are no instruction's , you can disconnect the battery for a minute, reconnect it and it should reset. If it doesn't, you can go to AutoZone and they can run a diagnostic test on it. It's FREE! Good luck!How do I get the 'change engine oil' light to stop coming on?well if you took it somewhere to have the oil changed, they should have reset it for you. but on my last truck, 2001 silverado, you had to depress the gas pedal 4 times then start the engine. something like that, its been a while. this would tell your computer to reset the light. if anything, call your local jiffy lube or a similar business, and ask them.
  • good tanning spray
  • meet people in
  • No comments:

    Post a Comment