Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I went to Jiffy lube to get an oil change, but after that they told me i was due for a transmission flush.?

Are they just saying that so I could have them do that service on my car? I declined because I didn't have the extra cash with me to do that service, How will I know if my car needs it without asking a mechanic, because I fear they would just say yes just so i could spend on it. What are the signs to look for to know if i need a transmission flush?I went to Jiffy lube to get an oil change, but after that they told me i was due for a transmission flush.?Although some vehicles may require a 20,000 mile change others require it less often it is best to refer to the owners manual for the specific vehicle. Also while your looking there are several other fluids that require periodic changing that you should look at so you know when they are due for a change this honestly does prolong the life of your vehicle's drive train.I went to Jiffy lube to get an oil change, but after that they told me i was due for a transmission flush.?if it's an automatic you need a flush about every 20,000 milesI went to Jiffy lube to get an oil change, but after that they told me i was due for a transmission flush.?Jiffy Lube, as well as many other shops, use a data base that is based on what the manufacturers recommend. However, I do not agree with the way Jiffy Lube does the transmission service. They suck the old fluid out through the filler tube, then refill with new fluid. (At least that is how they did it on my '02 Taurus). The proper way is to drop the transmission oil pan, replace the filter then refill with new fluid. Oh, and if you wait until the fluid turns brown you're too late. 20,000 to 30,000 is about right for a transmission service.I went to Jiffy lube to get an oil change, but after that they told me i was due for a transmission flush.?Jiffy lube and a lot of the other changing services make their money by offering these other services. Jiffy Lube is one of the worst at pushing extra product on the customer, and a transmission oil change is one of the high dollar things that they will ask you about every time that you go in.I went to Jiffy lube to get an oil change, but after that they told me i was due for a transmission flush.?If your tranny fluid is brown, its time to swap it out.I went to Jiffy lube to get an oil change, but after that they told me i was due for a transmission flush.?When was it done last?

No comments:

Post a Comment