Tuesday, October 25, 2011

I am doing my own oil change for the first time, how much oil am I supposed to put in?

The manual didn't come with the car. its a 99 honda civic ex.I am doing my own oil change for the first time, how much oil am I supposed to put in?usually 3.8 liters with changing the oil filter.I am doing my own oil change for the first time, how much oil am I supposed to put in?It should hold 4-1/2 quarts with a new filter. Just put 4 in at first then check the level. If it's still low, add another 1/2 quart and check it again, etc.I am doing my own oil change for the first time, how much oil am I supposed to put in?If you have the 4 cyclinder, it is about 4 1/2 qt with oil filter replaced.I am doing my own oil change for the first time, how much oil am I supposed to put in?Start with 4.

They run the engine for a bit to fill the filter, and check it.

Wait a bit for oil to go back down to the sump.

The dipstick will tell you how much it needs, because the space between the 2 lines is a quart.

Don't go beyond the top line.

Anywhere in the middle is fine.

No comments:

Post a Comment