Tuesday, October 25, 2011

How do I reset the "service engine" light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillon

I know there is some sort of ritual like turning on the key to aux and pressing the odometer button but my fiddling is not working.How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonAs you HOLD the odometer down turn the key to on until it blinks %26quot;---------%26quot; across the odometer and it will go out.How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonYou need to have the dealer reset the switch. Next time, have the oil change done at the dealer (its not that expensive) and they will re-set it.How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonWhen the service engine light on my dad's subaru came on he had to take it to a subaru dealer to get it turned off (which is why it's still on). I think it is preset to come on at a certain mileage level to make you go get a checkup at the dealer.How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonDrill a very small hole where the light is drill till you break the bulb.How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonI might be a girl but damn it! My car is a piece of sh*t so I've learned A LOT. Anyway- You can take it to the dealer. or take it to auto zone and they can do it for free!How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonturn the key to the on position---- then within 5 seconds press gas pedal down to floor and back 3 times quick as possible !!!! turn key off,,,then start vehicle,,light should stay off ???How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonThe service engine light may mean more than needing an oil change. Did you have someone actually check the computer to see what the issue was? If you prefer not to, you can reset it by unhooking the battery for 60 seconds then reconnect it. that resets the whoel system. Be advised, if there is an actual fault with the engine, you could do damge to it by ignoring the light. Your call.How do I reset the %26quot;service engine%26quot; light reset on my 05 Toy Corolla. Just got an oil change but light stillonthe service engine light should have nothing to do with an oil change. If it says service required then it is something that should be reset after the service is performed. But a service engine light is usually an emmisions problem from as little as a loose gas cap to an oxygen sensor. There is a big difference between service required and service engine. If it says service engine then you should go to auto zone or if they cant hook up to foreign cars then go to the dealer but expect to pay around $50 at the dealer while auto zone will do it for free.

No comments:

Post a Comment